Reporting Non-Registered Inspectors

To conduct home inspections for compensation in Arkansas, an inspector must meet certain standards and carry an inspector registration card issued by the Home Inspector Registration Board. When requested to do so, the inspector should present his card.

If you are aware of a person who you believe is not registered and is conducting inspections or is offering to do so, please complete Form C-1 and mail it to the Home Inspector Registration Board. The Board will determine whether the person is registered. If he/she is not registered, the Board will take appropriate action to cause that person to comply with the state statutes or cease to offer or conduct home inspections. In addition, the Board may levy fines on non-registered inspectors and pursue collection of those fines through the law enforcement system.